STONECREST EDUCATIONAL FUND
WHAT IS IN A NAME?
Parks of Stonecrest - Rockdale
DOES IT MATTER?
Parks of Stonecrest
Terraces of Stonecrest
Yes, it does matter. Kinda. Sorta. It depends on what you are doing and saying. Voting—YES.
If you are delivering mail for the post office, all that matters is the street address and the zip code.
HERE IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS CONFUSING THING ABOUT NAMES.
· The Parks of Stonecrest Homeowners Association has single-family homes in Rockdale County and in DeKalb County.
· The Terraces of Stonecrest has condominium homes in DeKalb County only.
· The Parks of Stonecrest homes in Rockdale County are limited to about 78 homes and they are only on the following streets.
Ash Grove Dr.
Laurel Cherry Ln
Wild Plum Ln
· The Rockdale County residents are NOT part of the City of Stonecrest even though they are part of the Parks of Stonecrest H.O.A.
The entrance to their community says Parks of Stonecrest.
But it is physically located in an unincorporated area of Rockdale County.
Police services for this Rockdale County subdivision is provided by the Rockdale County Sheriff Department.
Public library service is provided by the public library of Rockdale County. Not by Dekalb Public Library a.k.a. the Stonecrest Branch of Dekalb County Public Library.
Trash Pick Up in Rockdale County is done by about three private refuse companies in competition with each other. Rockdale County does not provide this service. The trash pick-up in DeKalb is done by DeKalb County employees.
· Rockdale County residents do not and cannot vote for elected Stonecrest City officials.
· Rockdale county has its own school district which is completely independent of the DeKalb County School District.
· Zip codes are for postal delivery purposes.
Zipcode borders are federally set and have no regard to city or county boundaries.
Some addresses in DeKalb County have the zip code 30094 and historically for convenience were associated with the City of Conyers. But there is no real linkage between the city of Conyers and the addresses that have that zip code. Many such addresses are in DeKalb County and many are in Rockdale County but not in the incorporated City of Conyers. Some of those addresses are now in the DeKalb County City of Stonecrest. But what matters to the post office is the street address and the zip code. Not the label of the city or the county.